It’s that time of year…the much beloved and much dreaded “planning season”. It is when we review brand performance across every spectrum and determine how best to poise our businesses for short term (annual) and long term success.
To be honest, I love this stuff. I love the analytics, the charts and the problem solving, the challenges and then the ensuing strategic conversations that optimize the plan with the goal of delivering ever increasing ROI.
Needless to say, we are knee deep in many of these conversations with our clients as we support in the gathering of information, intelligence and dynamic, business building debates that are the foundation for all future plans.
Assuming many in the industry are going through this process I thought I would share some further findings that may be a catalyst for some fresh thinking/provide support as you head into plan development and presentations. Recent surveys on CMO mindsets may help support your cause:
- 87% of C-Suite executives believe in the power of live activations (Bizzabo 2017)
- A growing number of CMOs expect to allocate up to 50% of their marketing budgets to experiential in the next 3+ years (Freeman)
- Why (see yesterday’s post for more)? Because 93% of consumers claimed that live activations had a larger influence on them than TV ads (Statista 2016)
- 90% of marketers agree that brand experience delivers strong face-to-face interaction and more compelling brand management (Freeman 2017)
- 95% of marketers agree that live events provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to form in-person connection in an increasingly digital world (Bizzabo 2017)
- The majority of over performing businesses (91%) place a greater emphasis on live activations as a marketing channel than underperforming businesses or businesses that are performing as expected.
I hope these facts give you the confidence to support investments in live experience – truth is – brands who are investing are seeing the results.
Stay tuned as I continue to share more facts over the next few days. If you require anything specifically do not hesitate to contact me.